Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The World of Multimedia.

1. Where do you commonly use multimedia in your daily life, list as many examples as you can:
    - Mac laptop                            - Work
    - Mobile phone                        - Home
    - iPod                                      - School
    - Home phone
    - TV
    - DVD player
    - DVD
    - Internet
  
2. What multimedia device or service would you find it hardest to be without?
I would find it hardest to live without my phone. but I would also find it hard to live without my iPod and Mac because i need to listen to my music everyday and my Mac i use whenever i am at home. My mobile is probably the most important because i can do so much on it. i can text and call people, i can go on the Internet, take photos and i can listen to music on it. not only is my phone fun to use but i need to have it so I'm able to contact my mum, for safety reason.

3. The video on future directions has already to some extent come true. what multimedia technologies displayed in this video is already commonly used?
In the video the girl on the train does a video call with her friend which is able to happen at the moment.

4. Do you see any disadvantages/advantages to the use of such multimedia technology?

Advantages
Disadvantages
Quick and easy to communicate.
There will be less face to face meetings.
Easy to use.
If something goes wrong (e.g. It’s faulty) there will be a lot of problems because everyone will rely on the technology.
Wide variety of things to do.
Not everyone will be able to understand how to use the advanced technology compared to others.
Easy to access information.
Easier to have an accident while concentrating on the technology in the car.
Doesn’t require much effort e.g. You can just say what you want to happen and it’s all done for you.
Some might not be able to afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment